Thursday, January 17, 2013

Lily Football

I'll stop talking and writing about Johnny Football soon, I promise. Until next fall, that is, and then all bets are off.  He rocks.

So much so, it seems, that his popularity has spread far beyond Aggieland.

My sister, Sara, and her family live just outside of Peoria, Illinois, more than 1,000 miles from College Station.  They have no affiliation to TAMU.   This didn't matter to the custodian at the school where Sara teaches second grade though...apparently the custodian follows college football, knows the awesomeness that is Johnny Football, and felt that Lily needed to start doing a better job of showing her support for the greatest college quarterback in the land.  
Johnny "Football"
2 (Johnny's jersey number)
Gig-Em (traditional TAMU expression)
Touchdown?  Or maybe "2"?  I'm not sure...
The custodian bought the t-shirt, but then personalized the shirt by cutting out maroon fabric letters and a brown fabric football and sewing them onto the t-shirt.  She clearly spent a lot of time on the project, and as you can tell, Lily's a big fan (of the shirt and of Johnny).

She may have absolutely no real affiliation to TAMU, but I think the odds of Lily becoming an Aggie are getting better by the day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of my little Aggie fan, but so far I do think midwestern blood runs in her veins. She is a "no coat" kiddo like her cousin Will.

    ReplyDelete